The Art Therapy Students Scientific Circle in Poznan
The Art Therapy Student Scientific Circle (ATSSC) was established by Maja Stanko (MA) in November 2008 in The Institute of Psychology at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (www. amu.edu.pl/en ) in collaboration with The Academy of Fine Arts in Poznan (www.asp.poznan.pl/en_index.html) and The Art Therapy Student Scientific Circle at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (www.kul.lublin.pl/21.html ) in Poland. Due to the fact that there is no art therapy studies in Poznan, members of the ATSSC are not students of art therapy but students of different faculties (such as: Psychology, Pedagogics, Musicology, Art History, Artistic Education, Foreign Languages, Rehabilitation and Economics), who are interested in art therapy. Photos of a few of us can be found on our web site
We meet once a week and do many things connected with art therapy. The main aims of the ATSSC are:
– to get better knowledge about art therapy by reading art therapy publications, giving lectures, preparing presentations, making discussions on different aspects of that topic.
– to exchange ideas and experiences on art therapy, collaborating with people and organizations connected with art therapy
– to prepare art therapy workshops and artistic workshops for ATSC members, children and others members of society
– to meet invited professionals and guests who work in the field of art therapy
– to promote theoretical and practical aspects of art therapy by attending different conferences on art therapy (also international ones), giving lectures, preparing workshops and presenting information about art therapy events on the web side
– to develop art therapy in Poland but also to contribute to world art therapy development by writing articles, making research on art therapy and presenting our findings
For the six months of our activity we have managed to achieve some of that goals, like for example: we attended five conferences in Poland (giving lectures on art therapy, presenting posters and participating workshops); prepared several workshops (two biggest were: for disabled children in the care center and during the students’ art festival in Poznan, made presentations and discussions, met invited guests, established collaboration with some organizations and associations etc. Some pictures from that events one can see on our web gallery:
See video materials:
1. First, about what a few things we did during last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAl2pfXvEVk
2. And the second from the art therapy workshop on Students’ Festival May 2009, wchich was conducted by two of our members: Anna i Karolina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdamXkqU-BA
Know we are preparing a conference called ” Between Psychology and Art ” wchich takes place in The Institute od Psychology on 26th of February 2010.
WE SEEK FOR THE INTERATIONAL COLLABORATION WITH UNIVERSITIES, CENTERS, ASSOCCIATIONS AND INDIVIDUALITIES WORKING IN THE FIELD OF ART THERAPY ALL OVER THE WORLD. If you were interested, had some ideas on it, any questions or just wanted to know something more about us- PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL US : firstname.lastname@example.org